God I wanna ride outside

Tonight's drill ended with 5 minutes @ 125 rpm, followed by 3 minutes @ 130, then 2 @ as-fast-as-I can...which basically amounted to 5 minutes of as-fast-as-I-could. At that speed and duration it was basically on or off. And I was tasting puke.

I could still go out and ride in this crap, and actually I do. On my beater (who chain broke halfway to rehearsal last night and I had to scooter it Razor-style down to Logan Square) but it's heavy and a different geometry and really only good for getting me to and fro. But at least it's fun.

It's just a long training ride is out. I don't have time or patience to clean all the salt off, and much of the time it's too dark, too slick, and the car drivers are too dumb to risk it.

But the mental challenges of staying on the trainer for more than 10 minutes at a time are giving my brain some good, thick callouses that are going to be needed the week of March 9th and beyond.

And, oh, guess what? 28 and one half days until camp. California is going to be so much better than this shit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive