Hump Day


Have a nice trip. Thanks, Al-BERT...(jeez am I dumb...I had Abbie's picture up here all day...meanwhile, I'm thinking, he doesn't LOOK 102...and you all are thinking, doesn't he realize the difference between Abbie and Albert?)

Interesting fact: Hofman's first intentional LSD trip was experienced on his bicycle.

------------------------

As I mentioned, April was National Poetry Month...so here is a new one for the last day since I missed most of it:

As I give you at sunset that to bear,
The shim’ring gold of your bewilderment
Is shades untold beyond your gods compare,
I will have taken as mine no discontent.
While ages ago we ran in fields to play
Then screamed when bells rang, killing those of us
Who fled or clapped on chains, throughout the day
While crying, dreaming, longing of green grass?
And you foretold of misery unbound,
You prophesized that I would never be.
My prayers were heard, and earthquakes shook the ground
And split the grey and graveled walls which held me.
Well, here I am. I’ve come for you at last
To stand in golden rain and say it’s passed.


-------------------------

Some info on the current U.S. Poet Laureate, Charles Simic...

...and his interview on National Public Radio last year...

...as well as the feature on All Things Considered that alerted me to the fact that I had been asleep during this entire National Poetry Month...

--------------------------

And probably my favorite poet and book of all time:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive