Dreaming David

Blue steel and crisp copper bristle
Between the stones and porticoes of
Your domain, under a watchful eye,
Guarding sanity and enlightenment.

My nervous watchfulness, restlessness
Missing something, that you were hiding,
Melted down my back in a warm rush as we
Chased your whispers over worn cobbles.

Amid the constant clamor and temptation
Your unseen stare was a song to me,
We ran a vortex that ended just through a door
A trap that promised eternity rather than death.

Breathless, it was always just one more
You played the joker before I laid eyes
Staying out of reach to keep me guessing
Thinking I would never reach the sacred end.

And of course, the playful ghost of a smile
Disappeared the moment I saw you.
Towering above all the others drawn
To the alter beneath in the temple above.

I imagined the stone you threw
Laying in a pool of the giant's blood
A warning to all who trod on knowledge
And keeping brutality at bay.

Never has intention been so sublime
Yet so sharp and strong and proud.
A razor, a savior
Of all humanity.

I dream of that stone
Of gliding under your shadow
To return to you.
Under copper bristles and crisp blue steel.

Ageless.
Forever.
In Stone.
And blood.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive