Most Evil Monstero Art Car - R.I.P.


It is with a heavy heart that I tell you all...Monstero! died today.

I was awoken at 5:20 this morning - first by Mica barking, then by our neighbor pounding on the door shouting "Monstero!'s on fire!!!". I ran to the back window to see huge flames at the back of the yard. Monstero! was fully engulfed - the garage was starting to catch. I shouted downstairs to James: "James! Monstero!'s on fire!! Get the hose - I'm calling 911!"

With James on the hose spraying down the garage and the fire department on the way, I was then able to react to what James was shouting: "Get my truck keys! Hurry!!". Our truck was parked in back right next to the blaze. I jumped in and gave it gas - it wouldn't go. Our brand new canoe was tied in the back and locked to the fence. For a split second, I considered trying to unlock it but the cab was starting to fill with smoke and looking at the inferno out the window next to me I knew there was not time for that. I floored it - ripping the canoe out of the back (luckily just by breaking the rope) and pulled the truck a safe distance away.

Our neighbors jumped on the hoses while James emptied one of the extinguishers on the side where the boat was locked so we could get it out of there.

The fire station is just 4 blocks from our house so they were there in a flash (Thanks Guys - and Gals!) James and the neighbors did a fantastic job spraying down the surrounding stuff and saving the garage. The firefighters finally got Monstero! put out. I was just waiting for them to say "What the heck IS this?" - they never did.

He's toast. I can't believe it. The inspector is coming later (he was finishing up at another fire) to determine the cause but while we were walking around the wreckage we saw the remnants of a bag of charcoal briquettes at the back - it looks like it was intentional. Bastards.

I attached a couple of pics. We were too busy taking care of everything else while it was burning to have any pictures of that but James was face to face with him - said it was a giant flaming skull alright...

Monstero! was many things - A Mutant Vehicle, a parade car, a party on wheels, a neighborhood icon - a memory of a lost loved one. He brought a lot of joy to a lot of people (I added a picture of that too). We will miss him. RIP buddy.



James and Willow Fulton look over the interior of their destroyed 1986 Mitsubishi Montero they named Monstero! It was set on fire Sunday morning in their alley.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive