Recovery Friday

The drain from Wednesday's idiocy was readily apparent on yesterday's moderately paced work-commute -"GAP!" Seriously, I could not stop eating:
  • huge bowl of oatmeal, with yogurt and a fried egg for breakfast
  • Clif bar on arrival, followed by a granola bar at my desk
  • Office cake @ 10:30
  • Chinese food from cafeteria, w/pot stickers (went back for pudding)
  • Ginormous 400 kcal krispie treat from the Starbucks kiosk


All this was before getting home and eating a Nutella and jelly sammich followed by a wok full of homemade salmon pad thai.

Today's recovery regimen couldn't be more welcome.

Diddy Kong and I are taking our bikes on Metra to work, and then riding home. Stops include Evanston - Turin for the team's SRAM order and The Spice House - and then Devon for some saffron for tomorrow night dinner party.

It's not really a dinner party, per se. Just a little get together to thank the neighbors for making me feel so welcome. Making the recent Risotto Milanese recipe that was posted on PEZ. If I know you and you'd like to come, drop me a line over the nets and I'll send you my address. We should have plenty.

I suppose however, that in honor of Paris-Roubaix this Sunday I should be serving something a little bit more...northern provincial...rabbit stew with a nice bottle of Chatteneauf de Pape?

No bother. It will be incredibly delicious. I'm sure Tom Boonen would eat it.

I'll get Jack out to the park for another ridiculous exercise session with his new favorite toy, the under-inflated soccer ball. The trick is to just keep kicking it back and forth until he begins to trip over his tongue trying to get at it.

Then it's early to bed for this guy. Maybe even 8. Three Sisters is on tap for tomorrow.

Just now I heard a spokeswoman for some sort of Friends of Douglas Park on Chicago Public Radio say, regarding the Olympics and permanent infrastructure, "Who's going to use a velodrome in the City of Chicago?"

The listener comments number is 312-948-4701.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive