"The Last Cruise-In" -- Across from the Greene, October 22, 2020


1961 Jag MK II
A modified Triumph TR-6 engine -- 200 hp!
Dash from a 1952 Lincoln Capri
Hi folks-- it has been a slow couple of months on the blog. Too much to do at school and, as I was occupied with travel and grant application preparation, my schedule has kept me away from my blogging tasks. Last night, however, was a glorious Friday evening here in Southwest Ohio, and I took the opportunity to go to what may well be the last cruise-in of the season at in Kettering, located across from the Greene. It was sparsely attended, but I caught a few nice cars. Speaking to an old by who was sitting in front of his vehicle, he expressed sadness that winter was around the corner and that our "endless summer" was coming to an end. For me this is all tempered somewhat by my moving on to San Diego next term. Hope has replaced despair and the prospect of a dark winter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive