Top 10 Things Customers Hate To Hear From Car Salesman

TOP 10 THINGS CUSTOMERS HATE TO HEAR FROM THEIR SALESPERSON WHEN BUYING A CAR:

1) How much do you want to pay per month? This is a question that is abused by many sales people, I have been guilty of this one myself. Salesmen ask this so they can land you on a car that maximizes profit and commission to the sales person.

2) When can your husband come to look at the car? Don't assume that women cannot make a decision without their husband.

3) Do you have good credit? Assume everyone can buy a car on credit. Do not judge a book by its cover.

4) "If I could, would ya". This is old school when the salesman was trying to get some sort of committment from the customer. "If I could sell this car for 10000, would you buy it today?". Maybe I am the only one that hates this one.

5) How much do you want for your trade in? This has to be one of the stupidest questions ever. What will a customer say? "AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE".

6) Another customer was looking at this car this morning and is coming back to get it. Customers response is usually, "if its gone, it wasn't meant to be".

7) Are you ready to buy a car today? I feel like any customer that is looking at a car is ready to buy if the car is right, price is right, and you don't ask stupid questions.

8) I'm loosing money on this car to sell it to you at this price or I am selling this car at cost. Give me a break, customers are not idiots. They know you would be out of business if cars were sold below cost!

9) Customers also do not want to hear the salesman bad mouth the competition. Point out differences that makes your car better, but DO NOT put the competition down.

10) Bad mouthing the trade in. Don't talk about how bad the trade is, that is usually why customers want to trade. They know what's wrong with it, you don't have to throw salt on the wound.

Let me know from a customers view or a salesman's view what you hate to hear. I would like to know how close they are to my top 10.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive