BMW Art Car Legacy Dies with Jeff Koons

BMW Koons Art Car Candle Vigil Photoshop by Art Car Central
BMW Koons Art Car Candle Vigil Photoshop by Art Car Central


I have resisted the temptation to post the Jeff Koons BWM art car for a very long enough, but today I brake my silence. This BMW art car is everywhere, with gushy articles galore about how "great this" how "great that", yada yada yada. On and on it goes with article after article singing the praises of Jeff Koons. Dude!!!! BMW has produced some truly amazing art cars created by artist such as Alexander Calder, Roy Lichtenstein, Frank Stella and Andy Warhol. All these guys actually painted their cars, unlike Koons who barely scratched the back of the BMW with a sharpie to sign his name. The art on the BMW is a CAD generated art work that was printed on vinyl and applied to the bodywork and various spare parts. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against vinyl but at what point did Koons get on his CAD program and crank out this art work? BMW used Koons star power to promote their latest creation which is fine me, but in my opinion he can't hold a candle to the great artists who came before him. Unless BMW rethinks their choice of artist to represent their cars in the future, there will be a lot more candle vigils taking place.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive