Why was I drawn to Porsches as a teenager? The Porsche 904
































Hi folks -- the other day I received copy of a 1964 issue of Road and Track that had on its cover the photograph of a Porsche 904. Indeed, in 1964 that was the first (and in my memory only issue that year) that I purchased for fifty cents. I treasured that copy, and read and re-read it many times over the next year or so. That car could go 150 mph! And it looked so different from the American cars I was familiar with! I have no idea what ever happened to the original -- perhaps thrown away with other stuff by my mother after I left for college), but I wonder to what degree that was responsible for my desire to own a Porsche in future years.

























































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive